Posted by Suzanne Lilly
There's a new game in town, and it seems everyone is playing it from kids in grade school to adults. It's called
Would You Rather?
The premise is simple. You ask someone ridonculus questions such as:
- Would you rather be a ninja or a pirate?
- Would you rather have a horn on your head or a giant pimple between your eyes?
- Would you rather have all your texts made public or have a camera record everything you do?
The students in my class are all about this game, and they take the questions quite seriously. When asked, "Would you rather have a three foot long tongue or have lizard skin," I watched as several girls stretched out their tongues, crossed their eyes, and tried to see how far their tongues can reach right now.
You can play the game in groups. We do it using a strategy I call "one side or the other." People decide on an answer, then rush to one side of the room or the other to show what they would rather. Another way is to have people with one answer stand up and the other answer stay sitting. Small groups of three or four can just share their answers. It always ends up in laughter and fun.
Want to play? Just post your answers in the comments. Have fun!
1. Would you rather
a. Play minor league baseball on an unknown team?
b. Be a world famous, championship winning table tennis star?
2. Would you rather
a. Have your dog eat your birthday cake?
b. Have your dog eat your best friend's birthday cake? (The one you worked all day to bake?)
3. Would you rather
a. Look like Lady Gaga?
b. Look like Jack Nicholson?
4. Would you rather
a. Fall madly in love with the Hunchback of Notre Dame?
b. Fall madly in love with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
5. Would you rather
a. Be able to read people's minds?
b. Be able to see into the future?
Since I asked you, I'll play too. Here are my answers,
- a (This was a tough one, but I play ping-pong worse than baseball, so...)
- b (I can't stand to see my friends cry!)
- a (At least LG can take off the makeup. I think.)
- a (There's something magical about that bell tower.)
- b (I don't want to know what people are really thinking!)